[Page updated Friday, August 30 2019]
St. Mary’s is seeking a dedicated Classroom Assistantto assist our Christian Education program.
● Experience with teaching children in a classroom setting
● Reviewing materials as provided, maintaining the ability to be flexible as necessary.
● Respect for youth and children, as well as respect for all staff members and congregants
● A willingness to learn
● Experience with Godly Play
● Musical skill
● Assist in classroom weekly.
● Engage with children and assist with caring for them through the entirety of Church
● Clean and sanitize surfaces in classroom weekly
● Attend meetings quarterly
● Be trained in Safe Church protocol and at least one module of Godly Play (covered by
● Compliance with parish and diocesan policy
● Reports to Director of Christian Education
● Will sit on a cushion on the floor (weekly)
● Will walk up and down a flight of stairs (weekly)
● Will bend and kneel (weekly)
● May be asked to lift 30-50 lbs (on occasion)
Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
● 9:20-11:30am each Sunday, plus 30 minutes each week to review materials as provided
● Up to 37 Sundays between September 22 and May. Sundays off should be requested 2-4
weeks in advance.
● A quarterly hourlong virtual or in-person meeting. This may be a meeting of the Church
School helpers or another meeting mutually agreed upon.
The person in this position may be offered the opportunity to care for children at other times during the year for additional compensation.
To be considered please contact Andrew Heintz
Director of Christian Education
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Newton Lower Falls, MA Pronouns: he, him, his