As cases of coronavirus COVID-19 continue to multiply exponentially, it’s important to remember that people of faith have gotten through tough times before. We will get through COVID-19, too – by taking all mandated and recommended precautions seriously and by supporting one another in creative ways.
St. Mary’s will be following all new diocesan mandates and recommendations on Sunday, including:
• Offering communion bread only.
• Passing the Peace with no physical contact.
• Not passing offering plates – You may drop in a contribution on your way to the altar rail or mail a check to the church.
The following persons are particularly at risk and should take extra precautions:
• Persons over the age of 60
• Anyone of any age with underlying medical condition, particularly respiratory conditions, autoimmune disorders, those undergoing or recently receiving chemotherapy, and cigarette smokers
What else is St. Mary’s doing?
• Plans are in motion to increase our sharing of digital resources—music, meditations, and more—in the days to come.
• Special Music Sunday with Mozart’s Mass in D major, originally scheduled for Sunday, March 22, is being postponed.
• Coffee hour and the in-person portion of the Lenten study are cancelled for the next two weeks.